This bespoke 3-hour session allows photographers the opportunity to capture images of our birds of prey in contextual settings, affording more natural shots than the aviary enviroment. Suitable for any age or skill level, the falconry staff will use both native and non-indigenous birds to add exciting variety to the subject matter.
There will be an experienced photographer on-hand to provide advice with cameras and composition for those who require assistance. A majority of the session will involve static and portrait shots, but as the birds are from the centre's demonstration team, there will be the opportunity to capture some active flight shots too. In addition to our outdoor flying arena, there is also a series of dioramas and habitat areas under the cover of our butterfly house, so even if the weather is being typically British there will still be plenty of interesting environments to use as a shooting backdrop.
The morning runs from 9.30 - 12.30pm and includes refreshments. Once finished, you are free to spend as long as you wish in the centre taking pictures of birds tethered out on the weathering lawn, in the aviaries and in the 1.30pm flying demonstration.
The standard price per photographer is £40, up to a maximum of six. Spectator places are available for £10.00 per person, and whilst they will be able to observe the session, they will not be able to take photographs.
Upon purchase, you will be sent a voucher - with a period of validity for one year - within a blank gift card, should you wish to present it to someone as a gift. You can then redeem this voucher to book your encounter on an available date. If desired, you may also book additional participants or spectators at this time.
Photography Day Voucher
- Valid 365 days from date of purchase, until expiry date shown on voucher. Expired vouchers can be extended for another 365 days for 50% of original purchase price.
- Pre-booking required. Call 01406 372 840 and quote voucher number to redeem.
- Photography Days available on last Saturday of each month. Call or visit website for full list of dates.
- All Photography Days begin at 9.30am with a 3 hour duration. Morning refreshments provided.
- Sessions are semi-private. Participants on the same experience may be grouped together up to the maximum of six people.
- Additional spectators can be added for £10pp. Spectators are not permitted to take photographs whilst on this session.
- All attendees must be aged 16 or older.
- Includes full admission to Baytree Owl & Wildlife Centre for all party members.
- Located at Baytree Owl & Wildlife Centre, High Road, Weston, Spalding, PE12 6JU